Monday 26 May 2008

It's been a while...

Some of you, well, the few viewers I have may be wondering why there has been no new posts since February. Well, January was the beginning of Semester B at Uni, we also started a new module (yawn) Cultural Context; this was pretty much a history lesson. We did get to write a 2000 word essay though, I chose the great typeface Helvetica to write about - I think I have done pretty well on that (I hope).

Work Based Learning became a little more relavent as this brief was actually related to our industry. I had an interesting meet with a local graphic design company, Grow Creative. We had to make a presentation about our contact with the industry as well, this was easy as I had done the work - i'm sure I aced that. The second part of WBL was to (if possible) carry out a brief for an actual client. I worked with a few others and we designed a whole identity for two teachers who have their own business; this job was a complete pain in the arse, I guess this may be the first of many to come... Coping with and explaining to clients designs/procedures etc. is part of the job, so it was a good learning experience.

With our Graphics modules, I think that on some projects it went really well, but there were a couple of others that I was less intruiged by; but you'll see all of these in the next few posts.

No comments: