Monday 26 May 2008

K to the A! (Kano Project)

This was definately a brief I was immediately interested in, what more would you want then designing the album and single covers for one of your favourite artists? It was definately going to be a very long breif, we were given over 2 months to do this - i'm not surprised as we had to design the album cover, 3 singles (of our choice), a special edition and a promotional item.

I started off by doing the usual, researching through websites, books, magazines and so on. I also paid a visit to Kano's hometown - Eastham, but I found nothing useful there at all but a good lunch at KFC.

The album is called 'London Town,' so we had to somehow incorporate the London theme, which was no problem because I came up with an idea pretty quickly. I developed this idea to a great extent (wish you could see the sketchbook), but I have used photos of London skylines and combined them with graphics equalisers to create a digital landscape.

The three singles took me a very long time as well; I religiously listened to each track of the album trying to understand the meaning behind the song, noting down all the lyrics that I felt were important. Once I had a bunch of ideas, I began trying to illustrate them and then combine them with the design idea I used in the album.

Here are the 5 covers (click for large image):



1 comment:

Kano said...

Interesting project.