Tuesday 27 May 2008

Conceptual Calendar

I had to design a conceptual calendar which was to take place in the London 2012 Olympics at Lee Valley. My first thought was that I had to visit the venue, I knew this would help me generate ideas (as it has helped me from a previous project - Film Festival). I immediately came up with an idea which i took into practice straight away.

I began by drawing interesting lines from the photographs onto Illustrator, this gave me an abstract illustration of the photograph. After this I began making this design look more like the photo by adding
random shapes which I randomly placed. I then added my custom made calendar (I placed all the characters individually to get the design I needed). Lastly, I added the calendar month which I did not modify because otherwise there would be too much of the same thing going on.
I had to re-create the London 2012 Logo as it was impossible to source a high resolution copy, and I also re-created the Lee Valley logo, which I added a clever touch to.

I definitely enjoyed this project as I like to work with photography, abstract graphics and architecture (I was initially planning to go into this).

Below you can view the whole calendar, there are 13 individual designs. The calender will actually appear in a booklet.
(Please click for an enlarged version)

No comments: