Monday 26 May 2008

Pointless Packaging

My tutor said that this would be a challenging brief for me - it most definitely was. In some cases I refrain from thinking 'outside the box,' because it's simply not needed, and a simple idea can be more effective, but this brief put up quite a fight before I got the right idea.

For this brief I had to design packaging for 1. A Single Orange 2. A Newspaper and 3. A Left Footed Shoe (I picked a Stiletto). Pointless right? Thats what I thought, but when I think about there will be occassions where I may have to design packaging for 'unusual' items so this is good practice.

I wanted to keep a consistent theme within my designs because I believe thats important to the companys image. I realised this from when I looked around my shop; Haribo, for example keeps a similar theme of packaging, but they just change the lower part on the front of the packaging is different.

Below are images for each of the designs I came up with. The actual final Orange is slightly different to this - the white background surrounding the typography is not there.

No comments: