Tuesday 27 May 2008

Magazine (Group) Project

The graphic design team had to work with the Illustrators to design a magazine called Monkey Tracksuit which would be on par with the likes of Juxtaposed, I-D, ModArt and a few others. We had a total of 5 graphic designers and 3 Illustrators working on the magazine. The Illustrators were responsible for producing drawings that were related to the subject and style of magazine.

We dediced to use my grid design, one out of three front covers and three of the single and double page spreads. The spreads are as follows: D*Face (Artists Spotlight), Fashion and an Illustrators profile. I was very happy with my outcomes, especially the front cover and the D*Face spread.

The page on the left is the single page spread, and the two on the right are the double page spread. I designed a total of three spreads for the magazine but I put up the one I believe to be the best.

2 comments:

Monkey Marc said...

what do you mean the illustrators ONLY had to do the illustrations?? Be more respectful of your team members Jayesh - the illustrators more than pulled their weight in this task and you know it.

Jayesh Pankhania said...

I wasn't disrespectful at all, that is just what they had to do. If I had said 'the Illustrators produced crap drawings that we couldn't use,' that would be disrespectful. I have nowhere said they didnt pull their weight; in the first paragraph I have actually explained that bit.

It's like me saying, for the best part of the project, Gary was only responsible for the header and body type - which is a fact because he didnt bother printing off any of his designs to show at our meetings so we could not consider them.