Wednesday 6 February 2008

Christmas

(December 2007)
I've never really been a fan of Christmas, spending all this insane amount of money buying presents! I think people have been thrown off the actual meaning of christmas through corporate consumerism because during this period, all you see is people going crazy and spending hundreds of pounds in shops!


Anyway, the point of this post is to show a photograph that I took during this period on a very cold visit to London.
I specifically wanted to take photos in the evening so I could develop my skills in Night Photography, which is my favourite type because I find the emphasis of the lighting intruiging. Just by changing the shutter speed you can create different effects.

I entered this photo in a fun competition on a forum I regularly visit; UKFN. The theme for the competition was Christmas, so I entered with this photo and won. I find it difficult to describe why this photo fits the description of christmas, maybe because it's obvious in a way? but the bright blue lights with the less obvious red reflected from another building fit the colours you would expect. Also the image of a family walking together makes me think its more christmas because it's a time when the family gets together.

I admit the image isnt perfect, but i'll improve for next time. A tripod larger than 12cm will definately help me :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quality.